ME???? YES, I WAS NOMINATED!
therefore, I accept!
I want to thank Shelby for nominating me! He’s a big part of the reason i have a blog anyway. Shelby is my son…but more. He’s an avid gamer and writes reviews ~ Falcon Reviews. I could go on about how great he is but then you would think I was just bragging cuz he’s my son. So, be sure to go over and check out his reviews and opinions! You may or may not agree with all he has to say…but he’s pretty cool about listening to others opinions too!
Oh, and he would love it if you would visit his wife’s blog too. Jennifer the nerd (that’s not really the name of the blog, you’ll have to go there to find out) and Talisa’s Adventures. Swing over there and give her some likes!
I have not really explored too many other blogs yet. Have only recently discovered how to find other blogs besides ones through “Discover”. I do enjoy following Coastal Crochet. I love the crochet, but there is so much more! The beautiful pictures she shares are incredible. It seems so peaceful and relaxing and like a place I would love to crochet!!! I mean check these out Crocheting at Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the questions Shelby asked to be answered~
Why did you start writing?
I was encouraged by my son (Shelby) and his wife to blog…I said, what on earth do I have to blog about that would be of any interest to readers?
They told me I do – all the things I am working on around the house and my crocheting.
If you had a month off to do whatever you wanted and a budget for it, what would you do?
I would totally travel Europe! By ship, by train, by plane. Going to the countryside as well as the big cities! I found England fascinating when we visited there!! Visiting places I have only seen in pictures or heard others talk about….except France ~ for some reason that holds no appeal to me. (sorry Frenchies)
Do you have a hobby? What do you do?
(No, gaming folks… I know you game already. Pick something else)
Hobby??? why yes, I guess you could say I have a few!
A few years ago I took up crochet. I think it became a fast
love and obsession. My yarn collection, while not the biggest
I’ve seen by far, is quite HUGE. I love the texture and colors of
the different fibers!
I love crafty things and cake decorating too!
If you could live in any fictional world, where would you live?
I don’t know. I supposed if I had to pick one I would say the Merry Old Land of Oz!
Ha-ha-ha! Ho-ho-ho and a couple of tra-la-las,
That’s how we laugh the day away,
In The Merry Old Land Of Oz.
What inspires you?
The love of Jesus, my children, and my husband! They are what keeps me going and keep me striving every day!
What is your favorite show/movie/video game/play/mime?
I loved Breaking Bad! But now Better Call Saul is the big fave. I have some guilty pleasures too…Newest one ~ Real Housewives of Dallas.
But of course one of my favorite shows is BONES. It’s witty, gross, sad, happy, so many emotions rolled in one. Most of all though, I get to watch it with Jennifer!!!!
What type of sense of humor do you have? Dark? Dry? Saucy?
Do you prefer iPhones, Android phones, or the vastly superior Windows Phone?
Ha! I have had each…just recently thinking I wanted the Samsung S7 because I dumped my iPad for a Samsung tablet. Well, I was wrong! I love the phone, but one of the things I rely on most from my Nokia IS NOT an option on my Samsung! So, now what do I do!? I have a really nice phone but wish I had gotten the windows phone! UGH!!!!
What is something you collect?
HAHAHAHAHA – PINEAPPLES!!!!
If you could change something in your past at the cost of your current life, would you?No. I love my kids and if my life hadn’t gone the way it did, I don’t believe they would have been the ones I have today…I can’t live in regret of those things I didn’t do. I wish I had attended college, but it’s never too late…RIGHT?
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2016 it is a little more involved!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Now you must wonder what I am going to ask ~ so the final part of this!
- If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, who would you pick and what would you do?
- What cheers you up?
- What is your favorite and least favorite word?
- If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which would you pick, and why?
- What is a skill you would like to learn?
- Where is Elvis Presley?
- Are you superstitious? If so, what are you most superstitious about?
- Are you more of a night owl or a morning person?
- Fruit or Vegetables?
- Three things in nature you find most beautiful?